The time has finally arrived, we officially open the long awaited Catfish lake from the 16th April 2021. During the closed period we have had a couple of trial nights to check the catch rates and have been impressed to say the least, with cats to mid 30lb coming out on a few occasions. With the catfish being one of the main species we have put a running rig set up rule in place, this is a far better and safer way to fish for the catfish. With over 20 catfish to 46lb and more to come in the near future, we are sure this lake is going to be very popular.
Rules for the Catfish Lake
- Start time is 11am to 11am, if you turn up after 11am you will still need to leave by 11am on day of departure.
- Gates must be kept closed and locked at all times, regardless of how many times you go through them.
- Strictly catch and release. Anybody caught removing, moving or damaging/hurting/killing any fish will be reported to the appropriate authority and prosecuted.
- One angler and one bivvy per swim. Proper carp type shelters/bivvies must be used, NO TENTS.
- Full Carp or catfish setup's are required which include appropriate rods, reels, alarms and bank sticks/pods. Do not turn up with feeder/match rods, wire V rests etc and expect to be able to fish.
- Minimum 50" Landing Net required. One 50" net minimum per angler strictly no sharing. 50" nets are available at a discounted price of £12.50 if purchased with a ticket. subject to availability.
- Max 2 rods only.
- Do not leave your rods unattended or with another angler/guest at any time, for any reason. failure to follow this will result in an instant Ban with no refunds.
- Minimum 15lb breaking strain mainline, No Braided mainline.
- Catfish mats, walled unhooking mat, or cradles only,these must be large enough to hold fish of 50lb plus. Minimum one per angler, strictly no sharing of equipment
- Running rigs only with no swivels, knots, links etc to be used above lead.
- No wire traces.
- Barbless single hooks to be used. One single hook per rig.
- No standing with catfish or any other fish.
- Do not retain catfish for any period of time.
- All hook holds or scratches etc must be treated with propolis or similar.
- No litter of any description including cigarette ends. Do not discard off cuts of line on the ground.
- No live bait or dead baits allowed. Worms, leaches and maggot are permitted
- Luncheon meat, chicken liver etc can be used, but only as hook baits. Do not discard unused meat into the lake or anywhere on site.
- One non fishing partner may share the same Bivvy as the angler at a cost of £5 per night. Guest must not be left in charge or use rods at any time. No friends, buddies to stay. Strictly no visitors are permitted on the lake.
- Drinking strictly in moderation. Anybody deemed to be intoxicated will be asked to leave. Not being able to get up to a run will not be tolerated.
- No doing what bears do in the woods, no excuses, toilets are on-site, anybody caught or reported doing this will be banned and made famous on social media.
- Lake Etiquette: Please show respect to other anglers. No loud music/Tv. No shouting or unruly behaviour. Do not damage any property, vegetation, wildlife etc. Boats ae strictly for staff use. No dogs, guns or weapons are permitted.
- By fishing at Llyn y Gors, you agree to follow the rules set out and by failing to following the rules, you may be asked to leave and no refund will be given. You also agree that by being onsite, you do so at your own risk and Llyn y Gors and it's staff, are not responsible for any injury to any person, damage to property, theft or acts of God that may occur.
- To book please call 01248713410, a minimum non refundable 50% deposit is required for 48hrs or more, full payment is taken for 24 hour sessions. Please ensure you have read the rules above before booking as deposits are non refundable. You can change your booking date once, but you will incur a charge of £5, you cannot change your booking more than once.