The time has finally arrived, we officially open the long awaited Catfish lake from the 16th April 2021. During the closed period we have had a couple of trial nights to check the catch rates and have been impressed to say the least, with cats to mid 30lb coming out on a few occasions. With the catfish being one of the main species we have put a running rig set up rule in place, this is a far better and safer way to fish for the catfish. With 20 or so catfish to 46lb and more to come in the near future, we are sure this lake is going to be very popular.
Rules for the Catfish Lake
- Minimum 42" Landing Net to be used.
- 2 rods only.
- Catfish mats, Walled unhooking mat, or cradles only to be used.
- Running rigs only, barbless single hooks to be used.
- No standing with catfish or any fish.
- Do not retain catfish for any period of time.
- All hook holds or scratches etc must be treated with propolis or similar.
- No litter, or doing what bears do in the woods, no excuses, toilets are on-site, key is available in the shop.
- Do not leave your rods unattended, anyone caught doing this will be banned and no refund will be given.
- No live bait or dead baits allowed.
- Luncheon meat can be used but only as hook baits.